Reed Schools & More, Belvedere & Tiburon Kids with Books

Reed Schools & More, Belvedere & Tiburon Kids with Books

For comprehensive information about Marin County Schools, please visit our sister webstie at .

Belvedere and Tiburon Education Facilities Focus on Younger Children

Beginning with nursery schools, and on to Pre-Kindergarten and on up to 8th grade, the City of Belvedere and the Town of Tiburon offer educational institutions geared to 3 to 14 year-olds.

Why this younger concentration exists in these areas isn’t clear, since the demographics indicate that older people reside in these municipalities. The median age of residents of Tiburon is 48 and Belvedere is 56. But clearly, the distribution of educational facilities throughout the southern Marin County municipalities has been designed to fulfill the requirements for excellence through its varied, respected and often award-winning schools.

The Reed Union School District (RUSD) is the public elementary district that serves Belvedere and Tiburon. Its three school sites are located in Tiburon. They are Reed Elementary School, 1199 Tiburon Blvd., 415-435-7840, Elementary school for grades K-2; Bel Aire School, 277 Karen Way, 415-388-7100, Elementary school for grades 3-5; and Del Mar Intermediate School, 105 Avenida Miraflores, 415-435-1468, Middle school with grades 6-8.

District enrollment is approximately 1,035 students, with class size averaging approximately 22 students.  RUSD graduates attend high school in the Tamalpais Union High School District, as well as private schools in Marin County and San Francisco.

Ring Mountain Day School is an independent, co-ed preschool and elementary school. The preschool of Ring Mountain Day School is located in Tiburon, in an idyllic sunny setting surrounded by eucalyptus groves at the foot of Ring Mountain.

Completely renovated in 2000, the Ring Mountain campus includes 6 spacious classrooms, 2 outdoor play areas, office space and a faculty work area. Ring Mountain Day School, Preschool Campus is at 445 Greenwood Beach Road, 415-381-8181.

St. Hilary School is a Catholic day school located at 764 Hilary Dr. in Belvedere completed a multi-million dollar renovation in 2004. St. Hilary is a Primary Kindergarten through 8th Grade school.

Approximately 80% of the 270 students who attend St. Hilary are Catholic and the other remaining 20% come from other Christian and non-Christian faiths. The ratio of teacher to student is 1 teacher to every 8 students.

The Belvedere-Tiburon Child Care Center has three locations and a program that offers preschool programs, before & after school care, and summer camp. Locations include preschool site, St. Stephen’s Church, 3 Bayview Avenue, Belvedere, 415-435-4501; Reed Elementary School, 1199 Tiburon Blvd., Tiburon, 415-435-4366; and Bel Aire School, 277 Karen Way, Tiburon, 415-381-2243. Fees and schedules and contact information is at

Also serving preschoolers in both Belvedere and Tiburon is Strawberry Preschool, located on 240 Tiburon Blvd. 415-388-4437.

Also located in Belvedere are Belvedere Nursery School and the Hawthorne Nursery School. Belvedere Nursery School is located at 15 Cove Road Place, 415-435-1661. It accepts 2 to 5 year olds. Also located in Tiburon is Hawthorne Nursery School at 145 Rock Hill Dr., 415-435-9757.

To those lucky enough to live in Tiburon or Belvedere, many fine educational opportunities exist. For those below the age of 14, many of these opportunities are close to home.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.